If you are a vegetarian you can just leave out the chorizo in this recipe.
Recipe for Pasta With Cavolo Nero and Chorizo
- 250g/8 oz pasta – farfalle or penne
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed with a tsp of smoked salt
- 200g/7 oz cavolo nero*
- 3 tbsps pine nuts (dry fry for a minute or two first if you have time)
- 50g/2 oz or so of butter – be generous
- 50g/½ cup parmesan, plus more to offer to sprinkle over at the table
- 30g/1 oz mild chorizo (about an inch or a couple of cm)
- 240 ml/1 cup yoghurt (not the thick type), plus a bit extra for spooning over just at the end
- freshly ground pepper
- some Spanish sweet smoked paprika
- Take the yoghurt out of the fridge to get it to room temperature.
- Take the stems off the cavolo nero and shred it finely.
- Add to a medium saucepan along with the cavolo nero and begin to stir fry effectively.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Chop the chorizo into small dice, and add to the cavolo nero.
- Peel and crush the garlic with the salt if you haven’t already – add to the cavolo nero.
- Grind over the pepper. The cavolo nero should have been cooking for about ten minutes by now.
- Add the parmesan – stir well.
- Reduce the heat to the lowest setting, allow the mixture to cool down a little, and add the yoghurt.
- Serve out the pasta, top with the cavolo nero sauce and an extra spoonful of yoghurt, and a dusting of smoked paprika. Offer additional parmesan.
2014 © Saucy Dressings